Members of the College who have fulfilled all the requirements for a degree from the University but have yet to be conferred that degree may graduate in absentia (in absence).

Current students (undergraduate, taught masters and research students) who wish to graduate in absentia can do so by selecting the appropriate option via the Student Self Service system. Please make sure that your contact details on the Student Self Service system are up to date in order to receive the degree certificate at the correct address.

Those who are no longer students or no longer have access the Self Service system, please email stating:

  • your full name at matriculation
  • date of birth
  • address
  • matriculation year

Degrees will be conferred at the earliest available graduation ceremony and sent to you by post shortly after.

If you have any further questions, have a look at our FAQ's page or contact us at