Am I an alumnus/a or an Old Member?

We use the terms ‘alumni’ and ‘Old Member’ interchangeably. If you have started any recognised programme of academic study at Jesus College, you are both.


To which year do I belong?

We refer to alumni by their matriculation year - the year that they entered the College - rather than their graduation year.


How can I get an Oxford Alumni Card?

Applications for the Oxford Alumni Card are handled by the University’s central Development Office. For information on the card, and details on how to apply for one, please click here.


I would like to make a donation to the College. How can I do this?

There are a number of ways to make a donation to the College, the simplest of which is through our Make a Gift web page. If you wish to send us a cheque or CAF voucher, please post these securely to the Development Office at Jesus College, enclosing information regarding how you would like us to allocate your donation. Further information on supporting the College financially can be found on this page. 


How can I request a transcript of my results or a replacement degree certificate?

If you matriculated before 2007, you can request a full transcript directly from Jesus College by emailing our Academic Office.  

If you matriculated after 2007, you should have received an academic transcription on the completion of your course. If you require extra copies of your transcript, you must request these from the central University through their online shop.  

Replacement degree certificates can be ordered from the University's Online Store, for the cost of £40. 

If you attended a degree ceremony prior to February 2010 and were never issued with a degree certificate, you can request an initial degree certificate from the University's Online Store.


Is it possible to visit the College?

Old Members are very welcome to visit the College between 10 am and 5.30pm, except during the closure periods (ten days at Christmas and seven days at Easter). The only other exceptions to this are when an event is running in College, such as a degree ceremony. To avoid disappointment, please call the Lodge in advance of your visit to check if College will be open, especially when coming from overseas. For more information, please click here.


Where can I find out more about the events that College runs?

With few exceptions, we announce forthcoming events up to a year in advance of the date. Information on both future and past events is available here.


I believe there is a Gaudy for my year coming up. How can I find out and when can I book a place?

Gaudies are reunions that are held for year groups every 5 years following matriculation. We announce all our Gaudy dates on our events page and through our electronic and printed communications. Places at Gaudies cannot be booked until invitations have been sent, which will be approximately three months before the event.

It is much regretted that owing to the demands on space in College during a Gaudy, it is not possible for spouses or partners to attend the Gaudy Dinner or to be accommodated in College.


I have an update I would like printed in the College’s annual Record. How can I do this?

We can accept updates on marriages, births, deaths, appointments, and publications up to 30th November each year. Updates submitted after this date will be published in the following year’s Record. Please note, we can only accept submissions that have occurred in the past five years. To submit an update, please email


How can I book a room in College?

All available rooms are now able to to be booked online, directly through Jesus College here. Please note that we have a very limited number of double rooms on site, and unfortunately we are not able to offer accommodation during term-time. For term dates, please visit the University's Dates of term webpage

We offer our alumni a discount code when booking a room; to obtain this code, please email

If there are no rooms available here at Jesus, accommodation at other Colleges can be found through the Oxford Rooms website.


How do I graduate or collect my MA?

For more information on the conferment of degrees, please consult our graduation webpages. 


Is it possible to dine in College?

We offer Old Members low-table dining in College on Sunday evenings during term time. For more information, please click here.


Can I attend Chapel services in College?

Old Members are always welcome to attend services in the College Chapel. A full list of dates and times can be found in the Chapel section of the main College website.


Can I get married in Chapel?

It is possible for Old Members to be married in the College Chapel under certain conditions; for more information, please click here.  


I am moving house/changing my email address. How can I update my contact details?

It is easy to update us with your current details. Please complete our online update form, or send an email to


I would like to contact another Old Member. Can you give me their contact details?

The College facilitates communication between individual alumni, but in doing so does not release personal contact details without prior permission, unless special criteria are met (see paragraph 6 of the College’s Policy on Data Protection). Our usual practise involves either forwarding correspondence on to alumni or by seeking permission to release contact details.


How does the College use Old Members’ personal information?

All data on alumni is securely held in the Development Office and will be treated confidentially and with sensitivity for the benefit of Jesus College and its members. Data is used for a full range of alumni activities, including the sending of College publications, the promotion of benefits and services available to alumni and the notification of alumni events. Data may also be used in fundraising programmes, which might include an element of direct marketing. Under the terms of the 1998 Data Protection Act, you have the right to object to the use of your data for any of the above purposes.

The Development Office does not release personal data on alumni to anyone outside the College without their permission except:

  • to University offices;
  • to volunteers acting on the College’s behalf in the interests of the College (e.g. members of the Development Committee or those working with us on particular events or appeals). Before data is released to them, the volunteer must sign a data protection and non-disclosure agreement which sets out a protocol for how the data will be used and how it will be stored, and sets a time limit before the data must be destroyed etc. 
  • To third parties acting on the College’s behalf under stringent terms and conditions, e.g. consultants who manage our annual telethon.

To view the College’s policy on Data Protection, please click here.


I would like to use the College for my upcoming conference. Where can I find more information?

Information on conferencing at Jesus College can be found here.